Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Product review: Olay Definty Make-up Remover Towlettes

As part of my nighttime skin care regimen, I use cleansing cloths instead of the cleaner that comes with my Neutrogena Advanced Solutions Complete Acne Therapy System. They're great at removing make-up and it's easier to do a quick scrub, especially when I'm really tired. I used to use Neutrogena Make-up Remover Cleansing Towelettes, but something shiny and new caught my eye during a trip to the grocery store.



The packaging for Olay Definty Make-up Remover Towlettes claims that this product
"improves surface dullness, giving skin a radiant, healthy glow." Plus, it's said that it was tough enough to remove waterproof mascara. I was sold.

I've been using it for a few weeks now and I'm not in love. For starters, they're covered in some fragrance which is a little too strong for my taste. I'm not a fan of skincare products with heavy perfumes. If I had tried these during the peak of allergy season, my nose would have gone nuts. Also, many times I've gotten the cloths a little too close to my eyes, it stung like a mutha. I don't understand how an eye make-up remover can irritate your eyes. That just doesn't seem right. I might not have this problem if it did a better job of removing my mascara. I am not impressed.

All in all, I'm even not sure if I have that glowy new complexion that the packaging raved about. If I was looking all Halle Berry silky smooth, I might be willing to overlook the pain for that gain.

Verdict: If you want a good make-up remover, skip this one. Neutrogena Make-up Remover Cleansing Towelettes work so much better and they don't sting. I will continue using the Olay ones until I run out. Maybe I'll have an update about my creamy new complexion. Don't hold your breath.

Update: OK, perhaps I was a tad harsh. I think that the Olay Definity Make-up Remover Towlettes may have added a little glow to my complexion. However, I still do not think that they are a good eye make-up remover. I've gone back to using my beloved Neutrogena Make-up Remover Cleansing Towlettes to remove eye make-up, but I've continued using the Olay towlettes for the rest of my face.

1 comment:

  1. This is really helpful...I've been trying to find a good product! :) Thanks Kelly

    ReplyDelete