Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Awesome or Awful: Yellow polish

I decided to try out one of the summer's hottest trends before the season ended. I usually reserve more daring shades for my toes and it was time for a polish change. When I got to the salon, I made a beeline for China Glaze Solar Power. Here are the results:


My thoughts: These yellow toenails ain't doing me no favors. I think my mom summed it up best when she caught a peek at my feet and said "What in the world!?!" I was going for edgy and cool, not shock and disgust.

To make matters worse, they look god-awful with gold sandals.

Blech.

On the flip side, they have more of the cool edgy vibe that I was going for when I wear my snake skin sandals.


Yet, at the end of the day, I can safely say this is a not a trend I will repeat. I think they are AWFUL.

What do you think? Are they AWESOME or AWFUL?

If you have tried yellow polish and it looks amazing on you, send me a pic and I'll post it on the blog. Make sure to include the brand and color name.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kelly Girl,
    I'm glad you've seen the light! Best wishes for next season's hottest polish trend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol. the color is edgy, however i think you're right that it looks awful w/gold shoes!

    p.s- LOVE THE SITE.

    ReplyDelete