Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The Look: Simple summer shimmer-- Part 1

OK, I know that summer's coming to an end and everyone is starting to focus on fall make-up, but I still wanted to share my weekend look for summer. Besides, I live in the South and we've got at least another 2 months of warm weather (yea!).

My summer weekend look is super simple. I usually wear eyeliner year round, but this summer, I decided to lighten things up and go for a bronze-y look.

Here's what the finished product looks like:

I started writing this post and it was getting super long, so I decided to break it up into 2 parts. For part 1, I'll focus on the eyes. For part 2, I'll do cheeks and lips.

Here are the products that I use for my eyes:



  1. Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Bronzer Blush & Eye Shadow, Malibu Strip/Pink Sand Bronzer
  2. L'Oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes Lash Extension Effect Mascara, Blackest Black

Before getting started, I prep my face with primer, concealer and powder. I also fill-in my eyebrows and add highlighter to my brow bone. At this point in the process, my face looks like this (remember, it gets better!):




1. I start out by sweeping the Dark shades of the Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips across my entire lid.


2. I blend the Medium shades into the crease of my lid.


3. Next, I dab the Light shade in the corner of my eye.


4. I finish with L'Oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes Lash Extension Effect Mascara. I usually do 1 coat of the Magnifier (white base), followed by 2 coats of the Extender (mascara).



Voila! Simple summer shimmer! I know it looks very subtle in the photos, but I wanted to go for a glow-y, sunkissed-look.

During the work week, I add black liner to my top and bottom lid and smudge the line on the top lid (applied before mascara) to dress it up a little:


For my next post, I'll finish up with cheeks and lips.

1 comment: