Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Pretty news: Larry King checks Tyra for tracks

I was getting my daily dose of gossip, when this little story caught my eye. Apparently, Tyra appeared on Larry King and told him to root her. "Rooting" is a phrase that I picked up from Wendy Williams. It means that you let someone feel your roots to see if your hair is real.

In case you were wondering, that conversation went down a little something like this:

King: This -- is this real?

Banks: Yes. This is me. You want to feel my scalp?

King: Yes.

Banks: Yes? It's a little kinky in the scalp. That's like real black girl hair.

But -- go -- go in there. Yes. That's -- yes. It's kinky. Exactly.

Sigh. Oh Tyra.

Would you or have you ever let someone root you in order to prove that your hair was real?

I can't say that I have. Especially when I need a relaxer. They might pull back a nub.

Source: CNN

1 comment:

  1. I had someone check my hair to see if it was fake! I had straightened it for the first time and it was soooo long nobody believed me when I said it wasn't weave! LOL

    ReplyDelete