Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Product review: Olay Definity Self Repair Serum

Lately, I've been on this Olay skincare kick. I've used Olay Regenerist Microdermabrasion & Peel System, which I absolutely love and Olay Definty Make-up Remover Towlettes, which I'm lukewarm about. At any rate, I decided to try Olay Definity Self Repair Serum.
As always, I was enthralled by the product packaging (I know, I know. I'm a sucker for skincare product marketing): "It is designed to fight what ages you most, transforming the look of discoloration, dullness and brown spots plus wrinkles -- for luminous, more flawless, highly defined skin."

Heck ya! I needs me some of that! OK, I don't have brown spots or wrinkles, but my skin's been known to look a little lackluster from time to time. This magical new potion sounded like it would fix that in a snap (8 weeks to be exact-- according to the packaging). I happily trotted up to the ULTA checkout line imaging how I was going to dazzle the masses with my new silky smooth skin.

I decided to wedge this serum into my current skincare routine, which still consists of
Neutrogena Advanced Solutions Complete Acne Therapy System. I know what you may be thinking. Mixing acne skincare with anti-aging could possibly make a mess. If you were thinking that, you would be right. Within 4 weeks, tiny blemishes began to pop-up on my cheeks. That's all the proof that I needed to put the brakes on this little experiment.

The Verdict: I have no idea if
Olay Definity Self Repair Serum will give you beautiful skin in 8 weeks, because I never made it that far. What I do know is that if your skin is prone to breakouts, this serum could cause your skin to flare up. The serum is relatively light, but it might be too heavy if you have oily skin. In all fairness, it's probably designed for women who have already started to see the signs of aging and have much drier skin than mine, while I was using this product more for prevention.

3 comments:

  1. Enthusiastic beginning is very common in every sector when anyone enters into a new world. But it is very hard to keep such enthusiasm for a long time after huddles come out from invited sources. Read this blog and know more about this topic. กําจัดขนถาวร

    ReplyDelete